Why the Dublin High School Football Showcase is Worth the Investment
With all your responsibilities, daily schedules, budgeting, student athlete training, hiring coaches and staff, monitoring academic progress, raising funds for daily operations as well as major projects, recruiting future students and student athletes, keeping parents and alumni engaged and happy, why should you add a the Dublin High School Football Showcase tour to your agenda? This is an Investment in 7 key areas:
- Education– you work/coach in high school because you truly believe in Educating your students, and every Global Football tour, especially this event provides unique experiential education opportunities through foreign travel & competition.
- Global Citizens– every student these days will soon compete in the global arena, for collage admission as well as future work. They may believe it possible to ‘learn’ about other countries and cultures on their mobile devices; not really. True learning comes from Experience, from spending time in a different country and culture, with directed focus.
- Teamwork– every coach/school talks about this, works hard to develop it, coordinates with staff to create that. Each Global Football tour actually provides and builds Teamwork opportunities ahead of, during and following the tour. The scope of this visit to Ireland in 2020 will demand Teamwork at the team, school and community levels.
- School Branding, Recruiting– the Dublin High School Football Showcase will enable each school to further enhance its regional, national and global reputation among current students, families and alumni, thereby driving more energetic and broader participation and support. In addition, the reputation developed will assist in recruiting future students, and student athletes, as well as parental and alumni involvement.
- Development/Fundraising– Following the 2012 Notre Dame-Navy Ireland game, ND Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick commented how that game and ancillary events were the single best ‘development’ project they’d ever undertaken. The same can be done by our 2020 high schools, utilizing the tour events to tell your story to key supporters while there.
- School Community– We encourage schools to invite and include not only the varsity football team, but also your underclass players, parents, families, alumni, friends, cheer & pom & dance, band, golf team, girls field hockey, media, as well as Navy & University of Notre Dame fans from your community. Make this a true School Community Event!
- Football– the focus during practices before and while on tour, as well as actual game experience in Ireland vs another competitive US team, with global media, college and fan attention, can lead to noticeable team improvement. Team leaders develop and appreciative team members return, thankful of having had this opportunity provided them by their visionary school leadership.
Read the summary of public relations activities at the 2012 event in Ireland here: GIFT PR Summary