Catholic Bowl III Faith. Freedom. Football
When: September 8-9, 2023
Sponsors: Catholic Diocese of Dallas, Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth Advancement Foundation, John Kraft-State Farm Insurance, and others TBA.
Honorary Chairman: Dan Novakov- Former Cotton Bowl Chairman; Dallas Catholic Foundation 2022
Co-Honoree with his wife, Lydia; University of Notre Dame Bachelor and Law School degrees; Notre
Dame Football 2-year starting center highlighted by 1971 Cotton Bowl victory vs U Texas; Attorney for
Frost, Brown, Todd.
Friday, September 8
Location: St. Martin de Porres Catholic Church, Prosper Time: 5:30 p.m.
Event: Mass, Rosary, Talks and BBQ Dinner
Attendees: Coaches, Players, Administrators of the four high schools, Bishops and priests from the
various dioceses/schools represented, sponsors, organizers, speakers, St. Martin de Porres leaders.
Order of Evening:
- After blessing of meal, everyone moves outside to a large tent where a variety of Knights of
Columbus Councils will serve a barbecue meal to the estimated 300 attendees.
Location: St. Gabriel’s Catholic Church, McKinney Time: 5:30 p.m.
Event: Mass and Reception for parents of students at 4 schools. Mass celebrated by Dallas Bishop. Remarks to parents by Rocky Bleier, 1st Catholic Bowl Chairman on importance of Catholic education. Bleier played football at Notre Dame, was severely wounded in Vietnam and went on to win 4 Super Bowls with the Steelers.
- Saturday, September 9 – Tickets available through Seat Geek/Ford Center Box Office, July 17 Doubleheader of high school football in The Ford Center at The Star in Frisco (Two of the four teams are from the Diocese of Fort Worth, the other two teams are from the Diocese of Dallas and Lafayette LA). Special Video & Audio Presentations honoring the victims of 9/11 as well as Fr Emil Kapaun will be shown ahead of each Coin Toss ceremony. Students from Catholic grade schools from each Diocese will march into the stadium before the game wearing their school colors.
Marching bands & cheerleaders from each team are most welcome to perform pre-game and halftimes
- 1:30 p.m. Fields available for warmup; Doors open to the public
- Knights of Columbus Honor Guard; 9/11 commemorative video; Fr. Emil Kapaun tribute and
- Various clergy connected with diocese & schools to offer opening prayers and assist with
coin tosses for each matchup, performed by Dan Novakov.
- 3:00 pm Nolan Catholic, Fort Worth v. St. Edmund of Eunice, Louisiana
- 7:00 pm John Paul II, Plano v Sacred Heart Muenster
Contact: Patrick Steenberge, Global Football Foundation/Global Football
firstname.lastname@example.org | (817) 219-7274