Friends of Global Football from far and wide have written to the Mexico Hall of Fame President, Sergio Baz Ferreira to wish him well as the nation’s Sala de Fama building opens in Toluca, just outside of Mexico City.
After Global Football Founder and President Patrick Steenberge invited leading figures of the sport who have worked with Global Football to send a note to that will be archived in the Sala de Fama Toluca, many responded, including:
– Legendary college football coach Lou Holtz, who coached the Fighting Irish Legends in the Global Football-organized Notre Dame Japan Bowl
– Pro Football NFL Fame and former Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith (see below)
– University College Dublin Director of Sport and former Gaelic Football star Brian Mullins
– Pop Warner Chief Executive Jon Butler
– Executive Director of USA Football Scott Hallenbeck
– AFCA Executive Director Todd Berry
– Swarco Tirol Raiders and Austrian national team head coach Shuan Fatah
Steenberge and veteran coach Dwight Thomas, who was Emmitt Smith’s coach during the all-pro running back’s high school career, attended the opening ceremony in Toluca on March 25.
Global Football looks forward to continuing its tradition of taking teams south of the border to enjoy all that Mexico has to offer, and this December will take a NCAA Division III select team to Mexico for a week for a 20th time, to serve in the local community and play in the annual Tazon de Estrellas.